Printer Friendly Version Of
American Sociological Association: Unemployment Rates in Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2003 and 2006
Unemployment Rates in Social and Behavioral Sciences:
2003, 2006, and 2008
Source: National Science Foundation/Division of Science Resource Statistics, 2003-2008. Characteristics of Scientists and Engineers in the United States. http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/sestat.
Note: 2008 data for economics and political science suppressed to maintain confidentiality.
- Unemployment Rates for Doctorate Social and Behavioral Scientists, 1993 - 2008
- Unemployment Rates for All Social and Behavioral Scientists, 2003 and 2006
- Unemployment Rates in Science and Engineering by Degree Level, 2003 and 2008
- Retirement Rates for Doctorate Social and Behavioral Scientists, 1993 - 2008
- Involuntarily Out-of-Field Rates for Doctorate Social and Behavioral Scientists, 1993 - 2003
- Replacement in the Social Sciences: Ratio of the Number of New PhDs Awarded per Each Retiree in Selected Social Science and Behavioral Disciplines, 1993 - 2003